The Okanagan Fest of Ale was established in 1996 making it one of the largest and longest running annual beer festivals in the Pacific Northwest.
Operating as a non-profit society, and managed by a Volunteer Board of Directors, the Okanagan Fest of Ale Society hosts an annual Consumer Craft Beer Festival that functions to support and promote the growing craft beer industry, enhance local tourism, and donate to charitable organizations within the South Okanagan Similkameen region. Since its inception, over $750,000 in net proceeds has been gifted back to qualifying registered charities and other not-for-profit societies.
Okanagan Fest of Ale Society has been nominated or has received the following awards:
- 2019 Penticton Best of the South Okanagan, Best Western News –
- 2nd place Best Event or Festival, Best of Penticton
- Penticton Now – Silver Best Festival
- 2008 Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards Nominated
- 2008 Okanagan Life Magazine Recognized as one of three Reader’s Choice community events in the South Okanagan for 2008
- 2006 Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award – Hospitality/Tourism Award
2022/2023 Board of Directors
Simon St. Laurent, President
John Cruickshank, Past President
Michael Stokker, Vice President
Warren Everton, Treasurer
Stephen Juch, Secretary