The list of participants is incredible and includes breweries who have been attending since the very first festival, and some highly anticipated new breweries attending for the first time. The lineup of beers and ciders being offered is outstanding with a great mix of core favourites, new releases, collaborations, cask ales and experimental brews to try. You can find the listings on the Fest of Ale website and under Okanagan Fest of Ale on the Untappd App. With over 200 craft beverages for sampling, there is definitely something for everyone at Fest of Ale 2019.
In addition to a record number of breweries and the largest and most diverse array of beers and ciders for tasting the festival a
- The crew from Clancy’s Liquor Store will be onsite for tasty take-aways at their pop-up liquor shop
- Canadian Craft Tours team will be on hand to collect your vote for the Cascades Casino People’s Choice Best Beer, Cider and Food & your top picks for the Super Deluxe/Westkey Graphics Best Label
- Bragging rights great prizes for Best Dressed Guests – check in onsite with the folks from Visit Penticton and Sun Fm
- DJ Nathan Shakes will be spinning tunes in between sets from an eclectic mix of talented performers with styles as diverse as the selection of beers being offered at the event both indoors and out
- Hungry guests can choose from 13 different and delicious onsite vendors
- Drop by the brewing education station manned by the friendly folks from Trellis and Vine Craft house or stop in at the CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) booth to find out more about the local and provincial craft beer scene
- Strike a pose at the onsite photo booth manned by Flash & Frame Photography
- Plan to enjoy the Fest of Ale and Get Home Safely. $2 discount vouchers will be available to attendees
Around the Town
For local craft beer enthusiasts and out of town guests extending their Okanagan craft beer getaway, a number of craft themed events are taking place around town.
Thursday April 11th
- “Every Beer Has a Story” a fun-filled educational seminar, hosted by The Thirsty Writer, Joe Wiebe at Bad Tattoo Brewing
- Strange Brews Rare Beer Event at Craft Corner Kitchen
Friday & Saturday April 12th & 13th
- “Songs of Karaoke” at the Barley Mill Brew Pub
Saturday April 13th
- “Walk the Plank – Murderers Row Cask Event” at the Kettle Valley Station Pub
Sunday April 14th
- “Hair of the Dog” buffet brunch at the Barking Parrot
- Free live music at Cannery Brewing with Justin Koshman
With just over 2 weeks to go until the kegs roll in and the casks are tapped, organizers report ticket sales have topped their expectations and encourage anyone wishing to attend the event to purchase their tickets soon! Ticket and accommodation packages will be offered until April 1st with a number of partners already reporting a sellout. Ticket and tour packages are available for guests travelling from Kelowna with space subject to availability, as shuttle seats are filling up fast!
Tickets to the event are available online at www.ValleyFirstTix.com
Or can be picked up in person at the Valley First Box Office at the SOEC
Single Day Admission $29; 2-day Weekend Pass $49 (inclusive of tax and fees)
Groups of 12 or more enjoy 10%+ off single day or weekend passes
Tickets at the door are subject to availability
Don’t be disappointed and pick yours up in today!